Payment is due at the time service is rendered. Fees are based on the provider, service provided, your insurance coverage, and the length of the sessions.
- Psychological initial consultation with Psychologist (60 min) – $200
- Psychological initial consultation with Counselor (60 min) – $175
- Subsequent psychotherapy sessions with Psychologist (45-60 min) – $175 – $200
- Subsequent psychotherapy sessions with Counselor (45-60 min) – $150 – $175
- Psychiatric initial consultation (60 min) – $350
- Subsequent psychiatric medication management (30 min) – $175
- Subsequent psychiatric medication management (60 min) – $200
- Contact us regarding rates for psychological testing.
We participate and are considered “in-network” with Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plans (including BlueCard PPO, Anthem PPO, the Federal Employee Program, and Carefirst PPO networks). For these insurance providers, we will submit claims directly to your insurance company. Please note that Carefirst BlueChoice PPO plans (including Fairfax County Public School plans) are processed as an HMO (out-of-network); allowed charges (discounted PPO rates) are first applied towards deductible and then subject to coinsurance after the deductible is met.
For all other insurance companies, we are considered “out-of-network” providers. If your insurance company offers out-of-network benefits, you may receive full or partial reimbursement for the cost of our services. Most insurance companies that provide out-of-network benefits cover between 50%-80% of the cost per session. We will provide statements for clients to submit to the insurance company so that they can be reimbursed directly. We will also provide information to the insurance company, should they request it, to facilitate reimbursement, with the client’s written permission.
Determining Insurance Benefits
Please contact your insurance provider directly to verify if we are in-network with your specific plan and to determine your mental health coverage prior to your initial appointment. In order to determine what your benefits are, call the customer service number (for Mental Health) on the back of your insurance card and ask the following questions:
- Do I have mental health coverage?
- Determine if we are in-network or out-of-network providers for your specific plan.
- If we are in-network, what is my copay or co-insurance for an outpatient mental health office visit?
- If we are out-of-network, do I have out-of-network benefits and what is the reimbursement rate to see a licensed clinician (psychologist, psychiatrist, counselor, clinical social worker)?
- Do I have an annual deductible and has it been met?
- Is there an annual or lifetime limit on what my insurance will pay?
- How many sessions per year does my insurance cover?
- When does my contract year start each year?
- Is approval or preauthorization required?
24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Therapy works best when scheduled appointments are regularly kept. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, it is important that you contact our office and let us know as soon as possible about your need to cancel. Alternative appointments will be offered, if available.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be responsible for the full out-of-pocket cost for the session. This fee is not reimbursed by insurances.