Payment is due at the time service is rendered. Fees are based on the provider, service provided, your insurance coverage, and the length of the sessions. We accept all major credit cards, HSA/FSA cards, and checks.
Our current out-of-pocket rates vary depending on level of therapist. We offer a lower out-of-pocket rate when working with resident clinicians, and a discounted rate when working with counseling student interns.
Rates (effective 5/1/2023):
- Psychiatric Services
- Initial consultation (60 min) – $350
- Subsequent psychiatric medication management (30 min) – $225
- Subsequent psychiatric medication management (45 min) – $250
- Subsequent psychiatric medication management (60 min) – $275
- Licensed Clinical Psychological Services (Psy.D., Ph.D.)
- Initial consultation (60 min) – $250
- Subsequent psychotherapy sessions (60 min) – $250
- Subsequent psychotherapy sessions (45 min) – $225
- Psychological testing – contact us for specific rates
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs)/Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs)
- Initial consultation (60 min) – $225
- Subsequent psychotherapy sessions (60 min) – $225
- Subsequent psychotherapy sessions (45 min) – $200
- Masters-Level Residents in Counseling/Supervisees in Social Work
- Initial consultation – $175
- Subsequent psychotherapy sessions (60 min) – $175
- Subsequent psychotherapy sessions (45 min) – $150
- Counseling Student Interns
- $50-75 per session
- Group Counseling
- $50-$75 per session
- Psychological Testing
- Admissions testing (IQ/Cognitive ability testing) – $500
- IQ (cognitive ability) with achievement testing – $1000
- Comprehensive ADHD evaluation – $2500-$3000
- Comprehensive psychological/psychoeducational evaluation – $3500-$4000
- Pre-surgical bariatric evaluation – $900
- We offer reduced rates for evaluations performed by our doctoral psychology extern under supervision by a licensed clinical psychologist.
We participate and are considered “in-network” with Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plans (including BlueCard PPO, Anthem PPO, the Federal Employee Program), BCBS Carefirst, and BCBS Bluechoice networks. Dr. Sanskruti Upasani is in-network with Cigna/Evernorth plans. For these insurance providers, we will submit claims directly to your insurance company.
For all other insurance companies, we are considered “out-of-network” providers. If your insurance company offers out-of-network benefits, you may receive full or partial reimbursement for the cost of our services. Most insurance companies that provide out-of-network benefits cover between 50%-80% of the cost per session. We will provide statements for clients to submit to the insurance company so that they can be reimbursed directly. We will also provide information to the insurance company, should they request it, to facilitate reimbursement, with the client’s written permission.
Determining Insurance Benefits
Please contact your insurance provider directly to verify if we are in-network with your specific plan and to determine your mental health coverage prior to your initial appointment. In order to determine what your benefits are, call the customer service number (for Mental Health) on the back of your insurance card and ask the following questions:
- Do I have mental health coverage?
- Determine if we are in-network or out-of-network providers for your specific plan.
- If we are in-network, what is my copay or co-insurance for an outpatient mental health office visit?
- If we are out-of-network, do I have out-of-network benefits and what is the reimbursement rate to see a licensed clinician (psychologist, psychiatrist, counselor, clinical social worker)?
- Do I have an annual deductible and has it been met?
- Is there an annual or lifetime limit on what my insurance will pay?
- How many sessions per year does my insurance cover?
- When does my contract year start each year?
- Is approval or preauthorization required?
- For BlueChoice HMO plans, a referral from your PCP is required prior to your initial appointment.
Rights to a “Good Faith Estimate”
Under the law, health care providers need to provide patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is a least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises.
24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Therapy works best when scheduled appointments are regularly kept. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, it is important that you contact our office and let us know as soon as possible about your need to cancel. Alternative appointments will be offered, if available.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be responsible for the full out-of-pocket cost for the session. This fee is not reimbursed by insurances.